Pediatric Occupational/Physical/and Speech Therapy
Our goal in the Rehabilitation Department at VVRMC is to improve the quality of everyday life for young patients with developmental delays associated with a pediatric diagnosis. Therapists work as a team to develop individualized therapy programs that are tailored to meet patient specific needs in an effort to optimize development and address rehabilitation. We strive to have each child reach his/her maximum potential and enable them to reach age-appropriate goals. Our therapy staff and child-friendly environment allow us to deliver patient care utilizing modern techniques that are proven to be successful in treatment.
Through the use of play, our Occupational/Physical/and Speech Therapists help children acquire the skills needed for daily activities of life.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Improving fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination skills, and visual motor/visual perceptual skills
- Improving sensory processing skills such as organization, self-regulation and behavioral state
- Addressing orthopedic complications and increasing function through splinting, casting, and forced use therapy as needed
- Improving children’s gross motor development, strength, flexibility, range of motion, and gait abnormalities
- Providing child direct therapy that targets articulation and phonological processing disorders, fluency, expressive and receptive language disorders and pragmatic skills
- Providing therapy targeting feeding/swallowing skills in infants/children, with specialization in neuromuscular electrical stimulation (Vital Stim)
We have recently added a room specially designed for the comfort of children on the autism spectrum. With soothing lighting, less sensory input and equipment designed for their use, this room allows our qualified staff to achieve the best outcomes when working with children affected by autism.
We look forward to serving our patients and community through a collaborative team approach providing quality patient care that you can trust.