HOPE Cancer Resource Room
The HOPE Cancer Resource Room provides cancer patients, families and caregivers in our community with free services to lessen their burden as they journey through the cancer maze of emotion, diagnosis, treatments and finances.
A Navigator is here to meet with you one-on-one and help answer any questions or concerns you may have. These topics may include, but are not limited to, questions regarding treatments, diagnosis, coping and barriers to healthcare. The navigator will also provide medical facility location information and reference-free resources that you may be eligible for.
- Access to a computer research station.
- Take-home brochures and pamphlets in English and Spanish with information regarding prevention, diagnosis, treatment and coping methods.
- Community resource guides.
- Informational books.
- Wigs, bras and prostheses (by appointment only).
- Lists of helpful websites and programs.
- Tip sheets and information on quitting tobacco use.
- A cancer navigator to meet with you or a volunteer to assist you.
The cancer navigator can offer:
- One-on-one meetings to help answer your questions.
- Information about diagnostic and treatment centers.
- Help navigating American Cancer Society resources.
- Individualized research assistance.
- Appropriate and helpful information brochures.
Who can benefit from the above services?
- Cancer patients at any stage in their fight against cancer.
- Survivors in remission.
- Families and friends of people diagnosed with cancer.
- Those interested in cancer prevention.
- Those interested in quitting tobacco use.