JobsBack to jobs
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Graduation from an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT and/or CRT certification.
- Valid Texas Medical Board License.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Proficiency with most major MRI/CAT equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Siemens, Picker).
- One (1) year of radiologic/imaging experience.
Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including CAT/MRI procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Takes call according to monthly schedule after the closing of the regular department hours.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses' stations.
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Open until filled
email@example.comApply for this job