Full time with limited call
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible Urologist with favorable work and/or training history to provide direct patient care in our clinic and hospital as a full time employed Urologist.
Candidate should be able to:
- Independently administer and interpret routine and special diagnostic tests in an expedient and professional manner.
- Diagnose disorders and diseases related to the genitourinary tract and organs and connected tissues
- Examine patients with common ailments, including bladder infections, prostate cancer, and ureteral stones.
- Consult with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommend and order tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose urologic conditions.
- Prescribe medications to treat infections and other ailments.
- Perform procedures to treat dysfunction of the urinary tract.
- Effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
- Refer patients with complex medical conditions to outside specialists.
- Performs and participates in other job functions.
- Maintains working hours Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM and Friday 8AM-12PM.
- Required to maintain a call schedule.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center will be offering a comprehensive recruitment package which may include:
- A Competitive base salary with incentives based on productivity with RVU’s
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Malpractice Insurance
- Quality bonus
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- CME, Training, and Other Reimbursement
- Medical Degree
- Completed Residency Program
- License to practice in the State of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Board Certified or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification by the American Board of Medical Specialists
About Del Rio:
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is a 93 bed facility conveniently located in the heart of Del Rio. Del Rio, TX is known as the "Oasis of Texas" with over 145 miles of pristine lakefront on beautiful Lake Amistad. Del Rio boasts a low cost of living (18% lower than the US average), excellent public and private school options and a less than 6% unemployment rate. In addition to our low crime rate, Southern Living Magazine named Del Rio "The Friendliest Little Border Town in Texas".