Full time with limited call
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible OB/GYN with favorable work and/or training history to provide direct patient care in our clinic and hospital as a full time employed OB/GYN.
Candidate should be able to:
- Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women affecting the reproductive system and the process of childbirth.
- Be responsible for general medical care for women.
- Prevent, diagnose, and treat general health problems such as ailments specific to the female anatomy (breast and cervical cancer, urinary tract and pelvic disorders, and hormonal disorders).
- Specialize in childbirth, treating and counseling women throughout their pregnancy from giving prenatal diagnoses to delivery and postpartum care. Track the health of, and treat, mother and fetus as the pregnancy progresses.
- Diagnose illnesses, prescribe and administer treatment for injury or disease.
- Examine patients, obtain medical histories, and order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive health care.
- Perform and participate in other job functions.
- Maintains working hours Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM and Friday 8AM-12PM.
- Required to maintain a call schedule.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center will be offering a comprehensive recruitment package which may include:
- A Competitive base salary with incentives based on productivity with RVU’s
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Malpractice Insurance
- Quality bonus
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- CME, Training, and Other Reimbursement
- Medical Degree
- Completed Residency Program
- License to practice in the State of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Board Certified or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification by the American Board of Medical Specialists
About Del Rio:
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is a 93 bed facility conveniently located in the heart of Del Rio. Del Rio, TX is known as the "Oasis of Texas" with over 145 miles of pristine lakefront on beautiful Lake Amistad. Del Rio boasts a low cost of living (18% lower than the US average), excellent public and private school options and a less than 6% unemployment rate. In addition to our low crime rate, Southern Living Magazine named Del Rio "The Friendliest Little Border Town in Texas".