Various Departments Available
Qualifications to Apply:
- 2018 Graduate of SWTJC/Sul Ross Registered Nursing Program
- Minimum Graduating GPA of 3.0
- Must obtain RN License in State of Texas within 120 days of start date.
Assists with selected patient care activities under the supervision of an RN, and works as a vital member of the patient care delivery team.
- Assists with patient care activities and implementation of nursing care plan as directed by the RN. Recognizes and reports condition changes to the nurse.
- Provides selected patient care activities under RN supervision such as, bathing, feeding, assistance with other activities of daily living. May document vital signs and selected care activities.
- Checks and restocks patient care areas and unit supplies per unit policy. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and neat environment in the patient care area.
- May perform unit clerk functions including, but not limited to; answer phones, relay messages, assists with the obtaining of medical records and acts as a messenger between nursing units and for ancillary departments.
- Performs all duties in compliance with applicable regulatory standards. Maintains knowledge base and continuing education to ensure compliance with CIHQ, and other guidelines.
- Notifies management of any breaches of standards and contributes to improvement processes.
- Performs basic treatments, such as passive range of motion, simple dressing changes, and skin care.
- Performs blood glucose meter and quality control checks per unit policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Standards & Expectations
- Personal Behavior: The Mission/Vision/Legacy (MVL) Statement and Core Values defines the culture of VVRMC and each employee is expected live MVL and adhere to the behaviors defined in the six (6) Core Values. This agreement is reinforced annually. All employees are to understand and actively support MVL and the Core Values. Managers are expected to be active role models and intervene when appropriate.
- Compliance to Regulatory and/or Administrative Rule: VVRMC is a County Hospital District operating in compliance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by Federal, State, County and hospital authorities. Employees and manager are expected to understand the limitations of their role and responsibilities and to act within their scope of work. Each is expected to ask for assistance from competent leadership when in doubt.
- Job Competency: All positions in the hospital require competency assessments each year. Each employee and manager is expected to satisfactorily complete the appropriate testing and/or assessment required within the time frame established.