Full Time / Day and Night Shift
Requirements to Apply: Must hold RN license in State of Texas or other compact state. Current BCLS certification.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all information in the patient’s record.
- Clinical practice is in accordance with hospital, state and federal guidelines.
- Provides clinical leadership and develops, updates and follows through with plan of care, incorporating benchmarking guidelines (clinical paths) and standard of care.
- Is engaged in the patient/customer satisfaction effort and looks for opportunities to ensure all customers have a satisfying experience.
- Age Specific competencies: (same as last year).
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the resident care unit’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level licensure.