VVRMC is seeking a Full Time Pediatric RN for it's new 6 bed unit.
Job Summary: The Pediatric RN is responsible for managing the care of the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient experiencing general medical conditions or surgical procedures that require general assessments related to specific conditions, and general therapies and interventions.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient’s immediate condition or needs within time frame specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the infant, toddler, preschool, school-age or adolescent patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and re prioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to pediatric resuscitation protocols.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the infant, toddler, preschool, school-age or adolescent patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintains current competency in pediatric medical surgical nursing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package and sign on/relocation bonus.
Minimum Qualifications: RN in the State of Texas, or other compact state. Prefer 1-3 years of pediatric experience in a hospital or clinic setting.