PCP ( Patient Care Partner)
Medical Surgical Department
Full-Time / Prn Rotate Days and Nights
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current CNA License
Skills: Must have knowledge of nursing care methods, nursing procedures, sterile technique, medical terminology and safe use of various medical equipment also English and Spanish speaking as well.
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a registered nurse and/or a physician. Provides for personal care, comfort and assists with safe, clean environment, maintains equipment and supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Position Responsibilities
- Provides general nursing care such as daily baths, mouth care, activities of daily living, re positioning, feeding, assist with ambulation, blood draws and unit specific duties.
- Is engaged in the patient/customer satisfaction effort and looks for opportunities to ensure all customers have a satisfying experience.
- Completes all documentation within the shift, which includes vital signs, intake and output, activities of daily living, etc., which meet all current standards, policies and procedures and as directed by licensed staff.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel with patient concerns and status changes.
- Maintains safe environment: bed rails in “up” position and locked, age appropriate toys and/or games. Aware of need for peer relationships (i.e., with visitors); however, questions any strangers attempting to enter room. Uses age appropriate equipment, (i.e., potty chair); ensures safe nutrition (cuts food into small bites to prevent choking).
- Performs dressing changes and catheterizations using aseptic technique.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Maintains a good working relationship with staff members and other departments of the facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.