Medical Lab Tech or Medical Technologist
*****UP TO A $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES*****
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications:
- Experience and/or level of competency: 1 year of experience as a Medical Laboratory Tech or Medical Technologist.
- Academic Preparation:Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (preferred), or a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Physical Sciences.
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified MLT or MT/MLS through ASCP or AMT, or able to pass registry within 1 year of employment
Provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices and departmental and hospital standards of care.
- Performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures and associated corrective actions according to policy/procedure.
- Manages/performs other aspects of daily lab operations including collections, sample processing, results reporting/ distribution, personnel direction (as appropriate), and clerical duties as required to maintain efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/populations served, communicated special circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory and/or reporting results out according to the policies and procedures of the Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to customer needs.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives of laboratory services, the hospital and the system; understands, communicate and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including CAP, CMS, and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/ satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the PI process.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Val Verde Regional Medical Center policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.