Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Project Management experience is required.
- Must have experience with leading an EHR full implementation, preferably MEDITECH
- Prior experience working in a healthcare delivery organization
- Strong leadership skills, prior management experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing and implementing the analysis, design and execution of healthcare information technology plans.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required to maintain regular communication with client, vendor, team members and team leaders regarding project issues, risks, and needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude
- Ability to create project plans and effectively execute balancing the inter and intra departmental needs
- Ability to organize, coordinate and work with others to meet the collective goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and concisely consolidate information for presentation to organizational stakeholders.
- Ability to assess and solve problems; classify as system, training, or process and recommend appropriate corrections
- The MEDITECH Ready Expert must be capable of performing the functions in IMIT Consulting Category #20 (Project Management and Implementation).
- Prior experience, knowledge and direct hands-on experience with the MEDITECH READY implementation methodology is preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge of MEDITECH Expanse or 6.1, including build and implementation experience is preferred.
The IT Site Lead/Project Manager position will serve as Val Verde’s primary implementation project manager for the EHR facility-wide, organizing and coordinating both internal and external teams towards a successful implementation of the EHR. The Site Lead/Project Manager will work closely with the MEDITECH Implementation Project Manager, the Certified Consultant Project Manager, Informatics, the Financial and Clinical Coordinators and Project Team to ensure a smooth implementation and reduced delays. The Site Lead/Project Manager will help MEDITECH, other core vendors and the Certified Consultant staff navigate the organization’s culture and processes. They will also act as the primary point of contact between the organization department teams, and the MEDITECH and Certified Consultant staff. The Project Manager will work with his/her MEDITECH counterparts, Certified Consultant staff, Informatics, and the application core teams throughout the entire implementation cycle, including the Planning and Design, Build and Train, and Post-LIVE Optimization phases. In addition, the IT Site Lead/Project Manager oversees and manages effective operation of the information technology in the hospital and ensures strategic and operational alignment with IT partners, consultants and vendors during implementation and post live operations.
- Work with MEDITECH’s Implementation Team to coordinate resources for integrated trainings, on-site sessions, webinar presentations, and conference calls.
- Ensure the CIO, Executive Sponsor, and key stakeholders are kept informed of all events affecting the timely implementation of all applications.
- Provide ongoing communication to all levels of staff.
- Act as liaison to the healthcare organization’s IT staff.
- Continue to work with the CIO, Financial, Clinical and Systems Coordinator to ensure that a consistent approach is followed throughout the implementation.
- Serve as a day-to-day contact person for the MEDITECH Implementation Project Manager, Certified Consultant Project Manager, and Informatics during all phases of the implementation.
- Develop, utilize, and maintain project management tools to ensure implementation deadlines are met.
- Conduct internal project status meetings with team leads.
- Facilitate review of current state workflows; organize and maintain any future state workflow redesign initiatives.
- Review all unique modification requests that are submitted by the departments for appropriateness and completeness; determine appropriate action.
- Ensure governance policies, as defined by the site, are being followed. Provide the appropriate decision management documentation when needed and appropriate. Facilitate multi-disciplinary work related to content development, workflow redesign, and integration.
- Perform risk assessment and management.
- Conduct and organize pre-implementation and implementation events with MEDITECH. This will include helping to coordinate Integrated Training Visits, Integrated Testing sessions and Integrated Parallel Run Sessions, conducting planning meetings, organizing product demonstrations, and reviewing documentation.
- Become familiar with the training and education approach for each of the key application groups.
- Work with IT Staff and vendors to ensure application background jobs are being monitored and maintained properly.
- Responsible for all aspects of data conversions and integration, including working with other vendors to obtain file, confirming timelines, validating information, etc.
- Coordinate communication between MEDITECH, the healthcare organization, and any contracted third-party vendors, such as, Formulary Service Vendor, Standard Content Vendors, dispensing machines, PACS Vendor, etc.
- Coordinate the testing and validation of future software updates.
- Must be responsible and accountable for schedule, costs, staffing, participation, and overall project success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.