JobsBack to jobs
Clinical Informatics RN
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Experience and/or level of competency: Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a clinical healthcare environment. Experience with MEDITECH EXPANSE, as a builder/super-user and performed duties to support end-users through education, trouble shooting and workflow analysis.
- Academic Preparation: Graduate of an accredited ADN program required; BSN preferred. Current RN license in the State of TX.
The Clinical Informaticist applies knowledge of health information technology, informatics and patient care science in a clinical setting to assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of computerized health care systems. As part of the Informatics team; he/she plans, implements and evaluates projects of the Informatics department. Serves as the liaison for physicians and clinical staff in resolution of issues around system utilization and design optimization.
- Provide clinician end user support such as physician, nurses and facility staff, providing education and re-education related to EHR
- Monitors correct system usage through reports, chart audits, and departmental feedback producing and delivering re-education as needed.
- Plan, develop, and deliver training programs and educational materials related to the support and education of the EHR including other systems and applications.
- Works as a team member keeping tracking sheets up-to-date, following up on issues until resolved and escalating issues appropriately, participate in team huddles.
- Analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve issues related to the use of EHR and other systems and applications integrated to the EHR.
- Assist the Informatics departments with duties related to achieving goals and projects.
- Participates in monitoring and analysis of metrics generated by EHR ensuring facility is receiving appropriate credit and threshold of performance measures.
- Participates on-call duties and during system downtime.
- Manage assigned duties or projects to maintain compliance to Meaningful Use, regulatory standards and operations of the Informatics Department.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate closely with and communicate between IT leadership/staff and the clinical community. Provide leadership for clinical systems projects and initiatives.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for the usage of clinical information systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Participates in the development and support of successful implementation of clinical applications across the organization.
- Make accurate recommendations that will influence decisions for new clinical systems and technologies that meet organizational standards.
- Lead the integration between clinical areas and IT using the appropriate reporting tools and methodologies such as documentation built.
- Assess and manage workflow or clinical processes affecting the success and optimization of new or modified clinical information systems.
- Ensure that new or modified clinical information systems maintain patient confidentiality and privacy, in accordance with HIPAA and JCAHO.
- Train, educate, and instruct clinical users on features, operation, and usage of software systems.
- Provide documentation support to capture reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement auditing and review processes to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Monitor system performance, and report to IT when anomalies, errors, inaccuracies, or inefficiencies occur. Make recommendations as needed.
- Remain abreast of trends and developments in the field of clinical informatics and associated software.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of metrics that relate to benefits realization and the return on investment in clinical information systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Open until filled
email@example.comApply for this job