Patient Care Partner
Full Time & PRN Available
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Experience and/or level of competency: 1-2 Year experience in a Health Care environment. Ability to Communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred. Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures, sterile technique, medical terminology. Knowledge of safe use of various medical equipment.
- Academic Preparation: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). CNA certification required.
Provides indirect patient care in the Emergency Department to meet the communication needs of the patient/family, ED departmental staff and medical staff. Coordinates all patient information to patient/family, under the guidance of the Emergency Department Nursing Staff and is responsible for keeping the patient and families informed if there is a delay in the Emergency Department processes. Obtains wheelchairs for patients who require assistance and is responsible for assisting the triage nurse in obtaining vital signs and drawing blood.
- Accurately enters all patients in the Emergency Department ProMed System.
- Keeps patients informed as to where the patient is in the Emergency Department processes and if there is a delay in care, provides a reason for the delay.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Supervisor, Emergency Department Nursing Staff, Admitting Representatives, physicians and other co-workers.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Assists in the transportation of patients to diagnostic areas and nursing units for admissions.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patients and their families and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary. Coordinates all patient information to the families in conjunction with Emergency Department Nursing Staff.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains age specific safety precautions.
- Provides for personal care, comfort and assists with safe, clean environment, maintains equipment and supplies.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, transferring patients and assisting patients with ambulation.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, weight and intake-output.
- Assists the registered nurse and/or physician with sterile procedures; ensures sterile supplies are available.
- Assists the ED Triage Nurse in obtaining vital signs and the collection of blood samples (phlebotomy).
- Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
- Reviews paperwork prepared by Nurse for proper coding and makes corrections as required to insure that billing amounts are correct.
- Prepares quality review on records copies.
- Performs performance improvement functions through data collection and documentation review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.