Category:Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Experience and/or level of competency: 2-4 years of Surgical Experience preferred
- Academic Preparation: HS Diploma and currently enrolled in an RN program.
Assists Special Procedures staff members with the Cardiac & Interventional Radiology procedures. Assists with the preparations of the procedure room and holding areas.
- Transporting patients from pre-op and post-op.
- Connecting patients for monitoring vitals and troubleshooting (in recovery holding & procedure room).
- Dropping supplies with sterile technique pre-op and peri-op (is able to set up a basic table with sterile technique).
- Helping to position patient on the table according to procedure(s) performed.
- Function as a 2nd Circulator if needed during a procedure.
- Setting up patient data in the MacLab recording system.
- Setting up patient data in the Philips Allura Xper system.
- Properly uses Cardio Imaging V5.0 (PACS) to record & print patient data.
- Setting up proper forms for documentation.
- Helps with the turnover of the room to maintain proper workflow.
- Properly monitoring inventory PAR level and expiration date (uses the first in/first out system).
- Properly uses Paragon: Materials Management to order inventory (and helps with input on the item number to inventory relationship & set-up).
- Properly uses Paragon: Statistical Reports and reporting/audit.
- Properly uses Paragon: Patient Management for daily charges & data entry.
- Properly uses Paragon: Patient Management for CRC Billing.
- Properly uses Paragon: Patient Management for audits (data entry errors, charging errors, and Medical Records/Coder issues).
- Assists with the logistics of C-Code to inventory and CPT Code to procedure(s) by research, Craneware, and speaking to the Industry Representatives.
- Properly uses Paragon: Resource Scheduling for schedule changes and back up entries if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.