Cath Lab Technologist
Category:Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Cath Lab/Special Procedures
*****WILLING TO TRAIN A MOTIVATED CANDIDATE*****
Minimum Qualifications to Apply
- Experience and/or level of competency: 2 plus years as Cath. Lab. Tech. in hospital with STEMI Program. Registered with ARRT in Radiography and must hold General Radiologic certificate with Texas Medical Board. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Academic Preparation: College degree preferred. Current BCLS Certification. Must be a registered radiology tech.
Provides patient care. Communicates continuously with physician about patient condition. Assists physician during invasive and noninvasive procedures. Operates all equipment safely and correctly. Maintains PAR levels. Ensures the needs of the Cardiac Cath Laboratory team are met.
- Approaches patients in a kind, gentle and friendly manner.
- Gives patient explanations and verbal reassurances consistently.
- Provides patient/family education pre- and post-procedure.
- Admits, recovers and discharges patients under the supervision of an RN.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Administers medications per physician’s orders.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle emergency situations during high risk procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a team member, assist physicians and assist with interpretation of data collected.
- . Responsible for the operation of x-ray equipment and radiation safety.
- Demonstrates ability to circulate and scrub for all procedures in the Cardiac Cath. Laboratory.
- Operates all equipment correctly and safely.
- Demonstrates the ability to start IVs.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned.
- Recognizes basic EKG rhythms.