Senior Administrative Assistant
Days - Board Meetings
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3 years functioning as an Administrative Assistant in an office setting. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, maintain multiple schedules, operate spreadsheets, create/edit documents, and basic knowledge of bookkeeping.
Responsible for performing various administrative, secretarial and clerical duties. Understands and follows the organization’s policies, procedures and standards. Is an independent worker, meeting the day-to-day needs of the Senior Leader Team. Meets the needs of Senior Leader Team, Val Verde Hospital District Board, and Val Verde Corporate Board as needed. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Provides Administrative Support to Senior Leader Team.
- Greets visitors, directs visitors appropriately; maintains the communication flow of the office.
- Prepares reports, memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, special projects, etc., for the Senior Leader Team.
- Records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Reviews and edits all written materials.
- Maintains the Senior Leader Team calendars.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; screens calls, takes messages, directs calls appropriately.
- Sorts, logs and distributes all incoming mail; identifies mail that needs immediate attention.
- Prepares financial reports; coordinates department activities, travel, business expenses. Etc. for the Senior Leader Team.
- Maintains an organized, efficient filing system.
- Orders supplies and printing weekly. Assists in cost containment trough appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Interacts professionally with all visitors, within the department/office and with other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized during stressful situations.
- Serves as a liaison between all levels of administration including, legal counsel, community and governmental representatives.
- Anticipates potential concerns in relation to Hospital District Board and Hospital Corporate Board initiatives.
- Coordinates and prepares all business travel and expenses for both Corporate and District Board Members in accordance to regulations.
- Serves as a backup to the CEO’s Executive Assistant including board meetings and activities.
- Completes other duties as assigned.