Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
Experience and/or level of competency: Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Prior experience with Hospital Reimbursement desired. Must be highly competent in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
Academic Preparation: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent educational experience that would demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the general accounting area of responsibility – balance sheets, budget preparation and management, general ledger, reconciling, accounts payable, and payroll.
Responsible for assisting Controller with all functions within department to include, but not limited to, preparing and recording general ledger entries, assist in completing monthly financial package for multiple facilities within Val Verde Hospital Corporation, oversee completeness and accuracy of the balance sheet reconciliations, verify accuracy and makes recommendations for corrections in numerous types of reports, and supervise portions of Accounting department.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Prepares general ledger entries for third-party contractual allowances and bad debt and assists other miscellaneous entries in preparation of month end close for all entities of the Val Verde Hospital Corporation.
- Completes and ensures assigned general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly by the time period designated.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in assisting with the preparation of the monthly financial package including schedules and power point presentations.
- Monitors daily processes for capturing revenues and all balancing requirements are met. Notifies Department Directors when issues are identified.
- Coordinates third-party reimbursement fillings of Medicaid DSH files, UC tool, Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report
- Preparation of numerous additional reimbursement reports, such as DSH, DSRIP, meaningful use, etc.
- Provides back up support in the department on an as needed basis.
- Assists in budget development, short-term projections, and analysis of revenue and expense trends.
- Displays excellent working knowledge of accounting processes and controls, able to troubleshoot and correct weaknesses.
- Assists with contract management, identifies payment terms and opportunities for improvement. Works with contract management software to monitor expiration dates and terms.
- Provides advice and assistance to department leaders in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports and in presenting that information in a relatable method.
- Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, examinations and related financial projects.
- Maintains affiliation with professional organizations; attends continuing education classes.
- Assists Controller and CFO with special projects and requests for data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.