Soba noodles with kimchiView step-by-step instructions
Makes 2 servings.
4 ounces soba noodles, 100 percent buckwheat*
2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
1 cup chopped steamed spinach
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 lemon wedges, optional
*100 percent buckwheat soba noodles are whole grain. Other soba noodles may be a blend of buckwheat and wheat flour with varying amounts of dietary fiber and sodium. Nutrient analysis is based on 2 ounces of 100 percent buckwheat soba noodles with 3g fiber and 5mg sodium.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Drain in colander, then rinse noodles under cold running water.
- Drain well, and divide soba between 2 pasta bowls.
- Add half sesame oil to each bowl, and toss to coat soba.
- Top noodles with half the spinach, kimchi and broth, tossing to combine them.
- Sprinkle on seeds, add lemon wedges, if using, and serve.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe. Amount per serving: 294 calories, 8g total fat (1g saturated fat), 49g carbohydrates, 10g protein, 6g dietary fiber, 327mg sodium.