Health libraryBack to health library
Radiology and Imaging
801 Bedell Ave.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center's Radiology/Imaging Department, which has earned numerous prestigious awards, has highly trained and competent staff members who have a caring touch.
- Bone density and body mass studies.
- Computed tomography (CT).
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment, located in a suite, providing maximum comfort for patients.
- Mammography, with recently updated equipment.
- Nuclear Medicine for cardiac stress imaging, bone studies, bleeding scans and liver exams.
- Ultrasound technology, which offers a noninvasive 2-D image used to detect abnormalities in the body.
- Olympus endoscopy equipment, which is used to diagnose digestive tract issues and perform surgeries.
- Laser equipment, available to treat kidney stones, enlarged prostates and other health issues.
Julio Otazo, MD, offers pain management, shunt procedures, biopsies, stent placement in blocked arteries and injections to ease joint pain. He uses image guidance to perform minimally invasive procedures for better outcomes, less anesthesia and quicker recovery times.
See how we can help you. Visit vvrmc.org/radiology to learn more.