Val Verde County Hospital District Election
kicks off on January 17, 2018
Four (4) Val Verde County Hospital District Board Trustee places will be up for election in 2018. The candidate filing window begins Wednesday, January 17th at 8:00am, while the last day to file for office is Friday, February 16th at 4:30pm.
Early voting by personal appearance will be conducted each weekday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm beginning on April 23rd and ending on May 1st 2018.
Election day is set for Saturday, May 5th 2018.
Places up for election and incumbents are as follows:
- Precinct # 1 currently held by Daniel Chartrand
- Precinct # 2 currently held by Mohamad Nawar
- At-Large place currently held by Aurelio Laing
- At-Large place currently held by Lee Keenen
Anyone interested in becoming a candidate may pick up a packet (application, petition in lieu of a filing fee, & campaign guide) at the hospital’s administrative office, 2nd floor, located at 801 Bedell Ave., Del Rio, TX.
- Download the application.
- Download the petition in lieu of a filing fee.
- View the Campaign Finance Guide.
- Download the Signed Notice of Deadline to File.
To be eligible to become a trustee, an individual must meet the eligibility requirements, which include: to be a U.S. Citizen; to be 18 years of age or older; haven’t been determined mentally incapacitate without the right to vote; haven’t been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released; be a resident of Texas, have permanent domicile in the precinct representing; and to be registered to vote.
For specific election questions, you may contact Mari Acosta at 830.703.1740.