Val Verde Regional Medical Center (VVRMC) has been part of the history of Val Verde County for five decades. Val Verde Memorial Hospital, as it was named at the time, first opened it’s doors 1959. It originally had fewer than 30 beds.
From the time of its opening, VVRMC has undergone three major renovations and expansions in—1969, 1985 and 2002.
In 1996, Val Verde Memorial Hospital was renamed Val Verde Regional Medical Center. Val Verde Regional Medical Center celebrated 50 years of service in 2009.
Throughout its many renovations, expansions in services and continued advancements in knowledge and technology, VVRMC’s mission and commitment to serve the community had remained unchanged.
Mr. & Mrs. Moya hold up a picture of their daughter, the first baby born at the hospital.
Nester Hernandez was one of the very first employees of Val Verde Memorial Hospital.